Water-Proofing forms a barrier designed to prevent water entering or escaping certain sections of building structures, allowing the vapour to travel through. If not done correctly it may cause immediate or long term damage, even affecting the structure itself.
Areas that commonly require Water-Proofing:
- Internal: Bathrooms, Kitchens, Dining Rooms, Shower Recesses, Laundries, Sauna, Steam Rooms.
- External: Terraces, Roofs, Podium Slabs, Balconies, Retaining Walls, Plunge Pools, Swimming Pools.
- Protects the foundation of the building and prevents corrosion of steel in RCC
- Prevents cracking of cover concrete due to volume increase in reinforcing steel
- Prevents moulds and fungus
- It keeps a building dry and reduces internal humidity
- Protects walls from seepage and blistering of paints
- Forms an electrical barrier for lighting and power points
- Protects against swelling of dry wall boards that result in de-bonding of ceramic or vitrified tiles
LATICRETE®HydroBan® is a thin, load bearing water-proofing/crack isolation membrane to prevent seepage
A roller applied liquid water-proofing membrane used directly under thin/thick bed installations
MYK LATICRETE SUPER SET IWP is a Single Component, specially designed with Polymers & Additives to minimize shrinkage and reduce water permeability of cement concrete, plaster and mortar.