Frequently Asked Questions
LATICRETE® 9237 is latex based under tile water proofing membrane which has good flexibility, crack bridging ability and good load bearing capacity. This is used along with fabric roll for change of planes, differential element joints and existing cracks.
There are two pack sizes available: 5 Kg and 20 Kg. The fabric roll is of width 150 mm and length more than 18 Mtrs.
You can use LATICRETE® 9237 for internal and external wet areas like residential, commercial, Industrial floors and walls,swimming pools, Jacuzzi, sauna, wet areas, wash rooms, kitchens and water bodies, to install under ceramic / vitrified/ glass mosaic tiles and engineered marble/quartz stones, natural stones etc. One can use LATICRETE® 9237 in kitchens, wash rooms, food courts, corridors, halls, bed rooms, swimming pools, and water bodies where the tiles can be installed directly over the membrane.
No water mixing is allowed with LATICRETE® 9237. It is a single component liquid which is used directly using a roller or a brush. Fabric roll must be used in all corners, joints of differential elements and plane changes.
The following preparation must be done before application of LATICRETE® 9237:
- Clean the surface of the substrate free of dust and debris with wet cloth or sponge.
- Don’t allow water to stand on the surface prior to using LATICRETE® 9237. Allow the surface to become completely dry.
- Check if all the tools and sufficient LATICRETE® 9237 material is available for completion of job without any disturbance.
- Cordon off the area and don’t allow any traffic after application of LATICRETE® 9237.
The following precautions are very important and critical while application of LATICRETE® 9237:
- Check if the surface preparation is done thoroughly. Check all the details of differential elements like GI, PVC pipes coming through the substrate, ceramic fixtures to screed joints, concrete to brick masonry joints etc.
- Apply LATICRETE® 9237 with fabric roll on the above differential element joints ensuring complete closure of the joints and also on plane changes and corners.
- Do not apply LATICRETE® 9237 on surfaces with standing water. LATICRETE® 9237 must be applied only on dry surfaces.
- If the temperature is too low (Below 12 Degrees Centigrade), use heaters to increase the temperature while installing LATICRETE® 9237. If the temperature is too high (more than 35 Degrees Centigrade), work during the evening / night / early morning to get best results.
- Don’t use putty blades for application of LATICRETE® 9237. Only rollers or brushes are to be used for application.
- Don’t allow any other works like plumbing, electrical fittings, plastering, tiling or painting to be done in the water proofing area while applying the LATICRETE® 9237. Don’t allow any traffic other than people who are working with LATICRETE® 9237 membrane.
- Do not apply LATICRETE® 9237 if there are joints in substrate which are more than 3mm width. In case the joints of substrate are more than 3mm in width, use MYK LATICRETE thin set mortar to fill up the joints before application of LATICRETE® 9237.
- Always use fresh and clean roller/brush for application of LATICRETE® 9237.
Foot traffic is allowed after 24 hours from the completion of second coat of the LATICRETE® 9237. Make sure the people don’t wear spiked shoes or any tools which puncture the membrane.
The major advantage of LATICRETE® 9237 is its ease of application.LATICRETE® 9237 has the ability to bridge future cracks in substrate with its excellent elongation of more than 250%. Tiles and stones can be installed directly on the cured membrane of LATICRETE® 9237 with the help of a thin set adhesive.
LATICRETE® 9237 can be used on the terraces and roof tops provided the membrane is covered with tiles using a thin set adhesive after the coating is completed. DO NOT USE LATICRETE® 9237 IF THE AREA IS EXPOSED TO SUN LIGHT.
YES. LATICRETE® 9237 can be used for water proofing the dry wall boards in wet areas and wash rooms. One can install tiles / stones over the membrane directly using a polymer modified / fortified thin set adhesive.