MYK LATICRETE SP-100 TILE JOINT
Frequently Asked Questions
LATAPOXY® SP-100, stain proof epoxy grout is epoxy resin based joint filling materials for tile / stone joints, used in internal areas. This grout is a proven product over 50 years.
There are two pack sizes available: 1 Kg and 5 Kg.
You can use LATAPOXY® SP-100, epoxy grout for internal and external (Covered) areas like residential, commercial, Industrial floors and walls to install in the joints of ceramic / vitrified/ glass mosaic/metal tiles and engineered marble/quartz stones, natural stones etc. One can use epoxy grout in kitchens, wash rooms, swimming pools, food courts, corridors, halls and water bodies.
Yes. We have one product called LATAPOXY® Dazzle grout which is exactly like LATAPOXY® SP-100 in its performance but available with variants like Gold, Silver and copper. In each variant, there are 10 attractive colors available which makes the total color possibility of 30 colors.
No water should be mixed with this product. It is a resin based pre-packed grout which has three components, namely PartA, Part B and filler powder Part C. Only these components should be mixed to make grout which is easy to apply and clean.
The following preparation must be done before application of LATAPOXY® SP-100 grout:
- Clean the surface of the tiles and joints free of dust and debris with wet cloth or sponge. Remove spacers from the joints.
- Find out if the tiles were washed with acid based cleaners. If washed with acid based cleaners, wash the tiles again with plenty of clean water to remove any acidic remains in the joints.
- Don’t allow water to stand in the grout joints prior to grouting. Allow the joints to become dry.
- Check if all the tools and sufficient grout material is available for completion of job without any disturbance.
- Cordon off the area and don’t allow any traffic after cleaning the joints
The following precautions are very important and critical while application of LATAPOXY® SP-100, epoxy grout:
- Don’t do part mixing. The grout components are pre-packed and need to be used completely. For small areas, use small packs. Mix liquid components (Part A and Part B) first and then add filler powder to the already mixed liquid.
- Do not mix the grout in dirty pails, buckets. Always use clean pail to get the best results.
- Use gloves while mixing and applying the epoxy grout. A pair of gloves is provided in the grout pack.
- Don’t use putty blades for application of grout: Putty blades are metallic blades which will leave scratches on the tile surface. ALWAYS USE RUBBER FLOATS so that the tile doesn’t get scratched.
- Don’t allow any other works like plumbing, electrical fittings, plastering, tiling or painting to be done in the grouting area while applying the epoxy grout. If there is dust in the air, it settles down on the grouted joint which will be difficult to remove. Don’t allow any traffic other than people who are working with epoxy grout.
- Start initial cleaning with the scrubber provided in the kit in about 45 minutes time from the time of filling up of joints. If not done, it is difficult to remove the grout haze and excess grout after couple of hours. Final cleaning must be carried out after 24 hours from the time of first cleaning.
- Do not smoke while working with the epoxy grout. Do not allow any fire producing elements to the site while working with epoxy grout.
- Always use potable quality clean water for first and final cleaning of the grout joints. \
Foot traffic is allowed after 24 hours from the final cleaning of the grout. Heavy traffic is allowed only after 7 days from the day of final cleaning of grout joints. For water bodies, it is recommended to fill the water only after 7 days from the day of final cleaning.
9. What is the minimum size and maximum size of joint that can be filled using LATAPOXY® SP-100, Stain Proof epoxy grout?
The minimum width of joint should be 2mm and maximum size (width) of joint should be 12mm for installation with LATAPOXY® SP-100. If you are installing LATAPOXY® SP-100 in joints wider than 12mm ask MYK LATICRETE team member for a suitable epoxy grout.
No. One can use LATAPOXY® SP-100 for covered areas only in case of exterior tile/stone joint installation. This product is not suitable for external facades and floors if they are not covered.