LATICRETE® Hydro Ban® is a thin, load bearing water-proofing/ crack isolation membrane that does not require the use of fabric in the field, coves or corners. It is a single component self curing liquid rubber polymer that forms a flexible, seamless water-proofing membrane. LATICRETE® Hydro Ban® bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates.
Data Sheets LATICRETE® Hydro Ban®
Material Safety Data LATICRETE® Hydro Ban®
Features & Benefits
- Single component
- No fabric required for joints upto 3mm
- Bonds directly to copper, steel & PVC plumbing fixtures
- Fast drying, allows for flood test in 24 hours
20 ltr pailCoverage
Approx. 225-250 sq. ft. per 20 ltr pail.Color NA Certification
- ANSI: A 118.12
- ANSI: A 118.10
- ETAG: 022
- VOC: Very Low
How to apply
- First treat any coves or corners. Double application of liquid is required for all coves, corners, board joints, differential material joints and changes in plane.
- Apply a liberal coat of LATICRETE® Hydroban approximately 4”(10cm) on each side of corner or cove, differential material joints and treated crack surfaces.
- Now apply the first coat of LATICRETE® Hydroban over the entire surface to be waterproofed, going back over the areas where pre-application of Hydroban is done.
- Allow the membrane to dry for 2-3 hours.
- When membrane is dry to touch, spread a second and top coat of LATICRETE® Hydroban over the entire surface including the pre-treated areas.
- When the membrane is dry to touch, tiles can be installed using LATICRETE® Thin set adhesive fortified with latex.
- Interior and exterior
- Swimming pools, fountains and water bodies
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries
- Spas and hot tubs
- Kitchens and food processing areas
- Terraces and balconies over unoccupied spaces
- Counter-tops and facades
- Steam rooms (when used in conjunction with vapour barrier)
- Concrete & brick masonry Cement mortar beds
- Cement plaster Gypsum wallboard*
- Exterior glue plywood* Ceramic tile & stone**
- Cement terrazzo** Cement backer board***
- *Interior applications only
- ** If skim coated with a LATICRETE® Latex Thin-set Mortar
- ***Consult cement backer board manufacturer for specific installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior use.