AAC BLOCK ADHESIVE is a factory prepared blend of carefully selected raw materials, portland cement and graded aggregates and polymers. Designed for use with water to produce high strength thixotropic mortar, for laying aerated light weight concrete, fly ash bricks, cement hollow blocks, cellular concrete blocks or smoothing over the block work surface in layers of upto 12mm thickness, that meet and exceed the requirements of National and International Standards.
Features & Benefits
- Long working time
- No curing required after block work is done
- Improved adhesion between two blocks
- Fast & economical
- ANSI: A 118.1
- EN: C1TE
- ISI: Type 1 Adhesive
- VOC: NIl
How to apply
- If a plaster/leveling mortar bed is applied, ensure that it is cured for at least 7 days to achieve proper strength before application of adhesive for construction of block work
- Ensure the substrate is clean and free from impurities like dust, dirt, debris, oil, grease, curing agents, existing paints, loose plaster etc.
- Dampen the surface before application of adhesive
- Clean the back of block for any dust or coating
- Thin bed mortar for laying blocks: Before placing mortar, ensure the block work to be dry and surfaces cleaned properly. Place the mixed mortar on the block work in thin layers of 2 to 3 mm (or as required by engineers at site) using trowel and place the next layer of blocks on the mortar. Keep joints between the blocks as required by the site engineers and fill the joints with the mixed mortar, using a trowel. Check the plumb of the wall while laying the blocks to keep the walls perfectly vertical to the plumb.
- Smoothing over the block work: Before placing mixed mortar, apply a bonding layer of 1 to 2mm thick AAC Block Adhesive mortar using a trowel pressing down on the block work. Then apply AAC Block Adhesive at a thickness of 8 to 10mm and smoothen using a sponge or rubber / wooden float. When installing large blocks, spread higher thickness of AAC Block adhesive. Select proper type of notched trowel.
a) Large Blocks up to size 600 X 240 mm X 100 mm use a square notched trowel of size 12mm X 12mm to provide a total thickness of 6mm
b) Medium blocks up to size 400 X 150 mm X 100 mm, use a square notched trowel of size 6mm X 6mm and back butter the block with the same adhesive to a thickness of 1-1.5mm to provide a total thickness of 4.5mm
c) Small blocks up to 200 X 150 mm X 100 mm, use a V notched trowel of size 3mm X 3 mm and to provide a thickness of 1.5mm to 2 mm.
- As Adhesive to install tiles: AAC Block Adhesive can be used as a thin-set adhesive to install tiles on AAC Block/Fly ash brick walls. Use a suitable notch trowel to achieve desired thickness of adhesive for installation of tiles on the wall.
- The most important standard to keep in mind is to ensure that the piece of block is completely bedded in the mortar or adhesive with 100% coverage after Beat in.
- Excess mortar on adhesive shall be cleaned from the surface of the blocks with wet cloth or sponge while the mortar is fresh.
- Existing joints in concrete must be carried through tile work and shall confirm to architectural details
- Interior installations shall have movement joint spaced a maximum of 10m X 10m. For exterior areas it shall be spaced at 5m X 5m and shall confirm to architectural details
- Concrete blocks
- Cement mortar blocks/bricks
- Concrete hollow blocks
- Aerated light weight blocks
- Cellular concrete blocks
- Fly ash bricks