Features & Benefits
- Suitable for stone installations on interior & exterior wall
- Can be used upto 15 mm thickness
- Complies to C2TES1 as per EN 12004/ISO 13007 and ANSI A 118.4 ET
- Non Shrink & No lippage
Packaging 30 kg bag Coverage Approx. 33-38 Sft per 30kg bag with 1/2” x 1/2” (12mm x 12mm) square notched trowel for average bed of 6mm. Coverage will vary depending on trowel notch size, type and size of tile and substrate smoothness and evenness. Color Grey & White Certification
- ANSI: A 118.4 ET
- EN 12004/ISO 13007
How to apply
- All surfaces should be between 40° F(4°C) and 104° F(40°C) and structurally sound, clean and free of all dirt, oil, grease, loose peeling paint, laitance, concrete sealers or curing compounds.
- Check the surface to be true to plumb. All slabs must be plumb and true to within ¼” (6mm) in 10 ft (3m). Rough or uneven concrete surfaces should be made smooth with LATICRETE® Screed/Plaster material to provide a wood float (or better) finish.
- Installation shall be made on a dry surface. New concrete slabs must be damp cured and at least 28 days old prior to application. All slabs must be plumb and true to within 1/4” (6mm) in 10ft (3m). Expansion joints shall be provided through the tile work from all construction or expansion joints in the substrate
- Dry, dusty concrete slabs or masonry should be dampened, and excess water swept off. Installation may be made on a damp surface. New concrete slabs shall be damp cured and 28* days old before application.*No minimum cure time for concrete slabs when thin-set mortar is mixed with latex additive.
- Expansion joints shall be provided through the tile work from all construction or expansion joints in the substrate. Do not cover expansion joints with thin set mortar. Follow ANSI Specification AN-3.8 “Requirements for Expansion Joints” or TCA Detail EJ171 “Expansion Joints”. For tile installation over Cement Backer Board: follow TCA installation details W244.
- Natural Stone Installation:Apply adhesive to the substrate with the flat side of the trowel, pressing firmly to work into surface. Comb on additional adhesive with the notched side. Use the proper sized notched trowel to ensure full bedding of the stone. Spread as much adhesive as can be covered with stone in 10 minutes. Back butter large format stones (> 12”x12”) to provide full bedding and firm support. Place stones into wet, sticky adhesive and beat in using a beating block and rubber mallet to imbed stone and adjust level. Check adhesive for complete coverage by periodically removing a stone and inspecting bedding adhesive transfer onto back of stone. Use of MYK LATICRETE spacers is recommended to provide grout joints between stones. The joint width shall be as per the recommendation of architect / engineer. Remove the spacers when the adhesive is set firm.
- If adhesive is skinned over (not sticky), remove and replace with fresh adhesive.
- For highly absorbent natural stones which may form a wet patch when adhesive is used, it is recommended to use suitable Laticrete Impregnating sealer on all sides. LATICRETE 3642 Latex admix can also be used as a bottom coat for natural stones to prevent wet patches during installation. Please refer Technical Data Sheets of product intended for use for specific instructions of use
- While installing tile/stone on the external walls and floors, we need to provide the joints by creating spaces between the tiles/stones and filling them up with LATICRETE® cement based grout mixed with L1776 grout admix plus or silicone sealants. In the absence of spacer joints, the surface movements can push tiles/stones away from the substrate causing de-bonding of tiles or stones.
- The exterior stone installations shall be provided with joints (spaces) on the periphery of the area without allowing the stone to be bound by the peripheral masonry work or plaster.
- Concrete& Concrete Masonry
- MIVON Concrete, Precast concrete
- Cement plaster
- Ceramic tile, Vitrified Tile and Natural Stone
- Brick Masonry
- Cement Backer Board**
- Calcium Silicate Board**
- Gypsum Wallboard**
- **Consult the backer board manufacturer’s data sheet for the specific recommendations and load bearing capacity of specific board intended for use.