Frequently Asked Questions
LATICRETE® 226 is a factory made cement, sand and polymer premix which is used to produce high strength screed /mortar mixed with LATICRETE® 3642, ,mortar modifier, diluted with water.
You can use LATICRETE® 226 mixed with LATICRETE® 3642 for internal and external areas like residential floors,commercial floors and industrial floors, parking lots etc.
For 50 Kg bag of LATICRETE® 226 powder, the following dilutions for making various thicknesses of screeds:
- For 12mm to 25mm thickness of screed, the total liquid required is 5 liters where the dilution is 1:3 (L 3642 : Water)
- For 25 to 35 mm thickness of screed, the total liquid required is 5 Liters where the dilution is 1:4 (L3642 : water)
- For 35mm to 50mm thickness of screed, the total liquid required is 5 Liters where the dilution is 1:5 (L 3642: Water)
Yes. One can make a polymer plaster using these combination products which acts as the strong base for installation of large format stones using MYK LATICRETE polymer modified / fortified thin set adhesives.
Tiles can be laid in the traditional methodology (Wet on Wet system) using LATICRETE® SBA 20, Slurry bond Adhesive. One can also wait for 3 days after laying the screed to install tiles using a thin set adhesive. Both the methods offer great advantage over normal OPC which results in very well bonded tiles without hollow sounds and chipping or popping of tiles.
The OPC cement based screeds would require water curing for a minimum period of 11 days for gaining complete strength. The screeds made with LATICRETE® 226 mixed with LATICRETE® 3642, don’t require water curing and have better workability, compaction and finish. This is part of MBS system due to this distinct advantage. It is a great advantage when high absorbent natural stones are being installed on floors; there is absolutely no moisture present when the underlay is made with LATICRETE® 226 + LATICRETE® 3642.
MBS system is Moisture Barrier System which is the proprietary system from MYK LATICRETE India. This is especially for Natural stones which develop stains due to their porosity and absorption of liquids. LATICRETE® 226 + LATICRETE® 3642 screed does not require water curing which makes the screed dry without moisture and hence natural stones are not stained due to screed moisture.
Yes. Bond coat can be made by mixing L3642 with water and Latascreed 100 / OPC cement in the ratio of 1:1:2. Alternatively L226 can be used in slurry form mixed with LATICRETE® 3642 diluted with water in the ratio of 1:4.
9. What is the maximum thickness of bonded screed when made with LATICRETE® 226 mixed with LATICRETE® 3642?
One can make a bonded screed up to 50mm with L226+L3642 without any issues.
10. What are the precautions that need to be taken before laying the screed made with LATICRETE® 226 mixed with LATICRETE® 3642?
The precautions before laying the L226+L3642 screed are:
- Use good quality water to mix the screed
- Ensure concrete surface is cleaned without debris, curing compounds, dust or any other contaminants.
- Pre-wet the concrete surface to ensure Surface saturated Dry conditions (SSD condition)
- Key coat (Priming coat) should be done using Latascreed 100 / OPC cement mixed with water to form slurry ensuring minimum 1 Kg consumption per Square Meter area of floor.
- Mix the screed materials using L226+L3642+water, uniformly without any lumps. Check the consistency of screed.
- Place the mixed materials of screed made with L226+L3642 when the key coat is still tacky.