In sync with culture and heritage. MRC Convention Centre, Chennai.
On the Santhome Beach Road stands Mayor Sri Ramanathan Chettiar Convention Centre which is the biggest convention centre in Chennai. Spread across 3,00,000 sq.ft., this impressive structure is the most sought after destination for high-profile get togethers and functions in Chennai. Specially made for the people who want nothing but the best, the builders of MRC have chosen the best for installation of tile & stone. Laticrete products were used in this structure for over a massive 60,000 sq.ft. on various floors and walls, both internal and external. The project was brilliantly executed under the architectural supervision of Benny Kuriakose and contractors for the project were Mr. Thambidurai and Mr. Mahadevan.
Scope of application:
The real challenge for Laticrete was the scale of the whole project which includes 60,000 sq.ft. of picture perfect installations. A range of applications that were to be accomplished by Laticrete:
- Kota stone of 2′ x 2′ size were to be fixed, covering an area of 12,000 sq.ft. for the two convention halls in first and second floors.
- Internal floors & walls were to be fixed with Vitrified and Ceramic tiles of 2′ x 2′ size for the kitchen, dining and toilet areas measuring approximately 25000 sq.ft.
- External flooring in corridors and sidewalls measuring upto 4 ft. height were to be fixed with Vitrified tiles.
Installation system proposed by Laticrete:
- Laticrete 290 Premium Floor & Wall. Thin set Adhesive was used to fix 2’ x 2’ size Kota stone and vitrified tiles in both the convention halls. This would ensure strong bonding, shock and impact resistance for heavy traffic conditions.
- Laticrete 307 Floor & Wall Thin-set Adhesive was used to install ceramic tiles in toilet area for better bonding. Tiles fixed with these adhesives would never crock, come loose or sound hollow.
- Latapoxy SP100 Stainfree Grout, 700 series was recommended to fill the tile joints in kitchen, dining and toilet areas. Being an Epoxy grout, it is absolutely stain free, colorfast, crack free, hard & durable also ensuring clean and hygienic surroundings.
- Laticrete 600 series Unsanded Cementitious Grout mixed with Laticrete 282 Grout Admix was used for filling tile joints in the external corridors and sidewalls in order to ensure strong, hard and durable tile joints.
Once again it is proved that no matter the size and scale of the installation, Laticrete has the experience and expertise to pull it off with ease. And Laticrete has played a pivotal role in MRC convention center becoming one of the landmarks in the city of Chennai.